#1 Chimelong Safari Park/Zoo/Circus/Amusement Park/Water Park/Golf Center/Resort
It is quite unusual to have some of the world’s leading entertainment and amusements ranging from a big safari park to a world-class circus all in one big place. For its quality and diversity, this resort and amusement park and zoo might be unique in Asia. Most tourists consider the safari park and zoo the best in Asia, and they rank the circus entertainment as among the best in the world and the best in Asia.
- The Safari park/zoo features cart rides and walks past animals that are let to roam around. It covers about 130 hectares (320 acres), and is the biggest animal safari theme park in China. Some of the animals can be touched. There are more pandas than anywhere outside of Chengdu.
- Circus/animal circus: Guangzhou’s #3 attraction (TripAdvisor 2016) is this hour and half long comedic, musical, acrobatic, and performing animal show. The acrobatics are about the best in China, but the unusual performing animals puts the show in a class by itself.
- Chimelong Paradise is an amusement park with some world-class rides. It covers 60 hectares, and is #4 on TripAdvisor in 2016.
- Chimelong Waterpark is the largest in Asia according to White Water company. It has some world-class rides and has received awards. It’s daily attendance is about the highest in Asia.
- Crocodile Park is the biggest crocodile farms in the world with 100,000 of them. [Read More]
#2 Canton Tower
Tourists like going to the top because it is the tallest structure in Guangzhou and the second tallest in China. At 600 meters including the antenna, it is 70 meters taller than the CTF Tower that is nearby. At night, it lights up the Pearl River and Zhujiang New Town area with its rainbow of lighting.
- Observation ride at the top in which people sit in revolving glass balls to see the view.
- Glass floor observatory at 450 meters.
- The world’s highest rotating restaurant at 424 meters serves an international buffet. [Read More]
#3 Sightsee on Shamian Island
This is Guangzhou’s top 3 tourist attraction according to TripAdvisor. A foreign settlement was built on this island in the Pearl River in the 19th and early 20th centuries. You could enjoy strolling among old European buildings of different styles and big old trees. Some restaurants complement the area. [Read More]
#4 Chen Clan Academy
The Chen Ancestral Shrine (陈家祠, Chén Jiā Cí) is also called the Chen Clan Academy. It has 19 buildings with nine halls and six courtyards that are connected in a symmetrical pattern. It was established by members of the large Chen Clan who were spread all over Guangzhou and in many countries around the world in the late 1800s. There is a folk museum called the Guangdong Folk Art Museum in it now. [Read More]
#5 Yuexiu Park
It is one of the biggest parks of Guangzhou City and has the statue of the Five Goats that is the city’s symbol. There are verdant trees, bamboo groves, and flower gardens. There are stepped paths up the hill. [Read More]
#6 Baiyun Mountain Park
The mountain range is full grandeur with majestic peaks and crisscrossed valleys. Travelers can appreciate the overall splendid landscape of Guangzhou and especially the beautiful jade-belt-like Pearl River at the top of the mountain. [Read More]
#7 Pearl River Cruise
Tourists like to see the city on a cruise. You can dine or just watch the scenery. It is China’s third longest river. The Guangzhou section of the river is where Guangzhou’s most scenic spots are located. [Read More]
#8 Canton Fair
The most famous visitor highlight is the twice yearly Canton Fair that is China’s biggest trade fair and one of the biggest in the world. It is held in April/May and October/November each year and attracts hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world. [Read More]
#9 Zhujiang New Town and the New CTF Tower
The city’s newest highlight is the world’s 7th tallest tower, CTF Finance Center Tower, that is opening in 2016. The massive structure has restaurants and an observatory on top (the city’s highest and the world’s second highest), and a luxury mall at the bottom. It is next to another super tall building and mall called the IFC Tower in the new luxury shopping area of Tianhe District.
#10 Museum of the Nanyue King
Guangzhou has its own version of the Qin imperial mausoleum in Xian, but this was much, much smaller and was the mausoleum of a king of the Nanyue Kingdom. The king ruled about the year 130 BC. A small but well constructed museum was built to hold the beautiful artifacts discovered inside. [Read More]