Guangzhou’s IFC Tower was the first tall skyscraper in Guangzhou in 2010, and now it is the second tallest in the city and the world’s 16th tallest building in 2016. It has a translucent dark outer facade, and at night it is beautifully lit.
- Chinese name: 广州国际金融中心 Guǎngzhōu Guójì Jīnróng Zhōngxīn
- Special features: China’s 9th tallest building and world’s 16th tallest building (2016)
- Completed: 2010
- Height: 439 meters (1,439 feet), 103 floors
- Four Seasons Hotel: floors 69 to 98
- Observation floor: 99 and 100 floors (415 meters)
Special Tourist Highlights
- Observation deck: Tourists can enjoy the view from the deck on the 99th and 100th floors.
- Second tallest in Guangzhou: It is next to the Guangzhou CTF Tower that is 530 meters tall.
- Four Seasons: You might enjoy the hotel in the top floors.
Downtown Skyscraper Cluster
The building stands out as one of the three tall towers in the tourist popular Tianhe area. About 200 meters away stands the much taller Guangzhou CTF Finance Center Tower. About a kilometer to the south across the river is the Canton Tower. The three towers dominate the Tianhe skyline.
People also call the IFC the Guangzhou West Tower (广州西塔 Guangzhou Xita), and the CTF tower is called the East Tower (广州东塔 Guangzhou Dongta).
- Address: 5 Zhujiang Avenue West, Tianhe Zhujiang New City Central Business District
- Subway transport: Convenient — at the intersection of lines 3 and 5 and the APM (Automated People Mover) Line.
- The night lights and dusk sunset scenes are amazing from the top floors, but in rainy and foggy weather you can see little.