Guangdong University of Technology (GDUT; simplified Chinese: 广东工业大学; traditional Chinese: 廣東工業大學; pinyin: Guǎngdōng Gōngyè Dàxué) is a key provincial university in Guangzhou, Guangdong, China. The university offers a wide range of courses in engineering, science, technology, management, liberal arts and law, with major emphasis on the study of engineering.
Guangdong University of Technology was formerly known as Guangdong Institute of Technology. Approved by the State Education Commission in June 1995, it merged Guangdong Institute of Mechanical Engineering and the east campus of South China Institute of Architecture.
Guangdong Institute of Technology was found in 1952 and then merged Central South Institute of Science and Technology in 1961. During the Cultural Revolution, the campus was closed and the school was forced to move to Nanhua Temple in Shaoguan City. The school returned to the Guangzhou campus in 1982, but most of the campus had been destroyed.
Guangdong Institute of Mechanical Engineering was found in 1956 and also forced to close during the Cultural Revolution.
East Campus of South China Institute of Architecture was found in 1956.
Main campus (Higher Education Mega Center Campus): 100 Waihuan Xi Road, Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Center. This campus accommodates most of the faculties (70%). Faculty of Foreign Language Studies, used to be located in Longdong Campus before 2011, now is located in Main Campus.
Dongfeng Road Campus: It was the former campus of Guangdong Institute of Technology and was the main campus until the Guangzhou Higher Education Mega Centre opened in 2005. It is now the campus for the Faculty of Architecture and Urban Planning, Faculty of Art and Design, Faculty of Law and Faculty of Continuing Education.
Longdong Campus: It was opened in 1999 as a campus for the first and second year undergraduate students. It is now the campus for the Faculty of Management and Faculty of Economics.
Panyu Campus: Zhongcun Town, Panyu District. It is the campus for the Business School.
Wushan Campus: It was the former campus of Guangdong Institute of Mechanical Engineering, which was sold to Guangdong Teachers College of Foreign Language and Arts in 2006.
Shahe Campus: It was the former campus of the east campus of the South China Institute of Architecture. It also has been sold.
Its well-stocked library has a collection of over 1,600,000 books and 9,000 sets of electronic literature. (more than 2,840,000 books and 10,000 sets now in 2008).
Address: No. 100 Waihuan Xi Road, Panyu District, Guangzhou, P.R China